Chaos Theory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In order, there is chaos. In ruin, there is hope.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Chaos Theory Chaost14
Welcome to Chaos Theory Filler10
Welcome to Chaos Theory Ambler12
Welcome to Chaos Theory Axelba10
Welcome to Chaos Theory Breenb10
Welcome to Chaos Theory Deupre10
Welcome to Chaos Theory Kylarb10
Welcome to Chaos Theory Wolfeb10
Welcome to Chaos Theory Tyreba12
Welcome to Chaos Theory Masonb10

Welcome to Chaos Theory

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chronos
The Chief
The Chief
Chronos

Welcome to Chaos Theory Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Chaos Theory   Welcome to Chaos Theory EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Hello and welcome to Chaos Theory. This thread will serve as your guide and directory to the game.

First, some FAQ:

What is Chaos Theory?

Chaos Theory is a text-based Role Playing Game (RPG) based on, but not limited to, the Half-Life universe. If you have played any of the games in the Half-Life series, you may notice similar characters, events, and places. This is because I thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere of those games and they make an excellent setting for a plot-driven RPG - it does not mean, however, that anything is set in stone - the Chaos Theory universe will be shaped directly by the players actions, and may turn out being something completely new. Read and play to find out.

Awesome, but I don't know anything about Half-Life.

That's not a question, but still, a good point. Despite being rated the number one video game of all time for every one of the seven years since its release in 2004, surprisingly few people seemed to have played Half-Life 2 and its sequels. Don't worry: if they can introduce you to that complicated future world in one level, we can do it too. Just read the posts in the 'game section' (in order if you want them to make sense) and you should know what is going on. If not, look at the 'Database' forum. All information that your average suppressed citizen would be privy to will be posted there for your convenience. If the Database does not have what you are looking for, its possible that you and your character aren't supposed to know about it yet. Finally, if you have any questions about the story you can always ask me, and I'll fill you in as best I can.

How do I make a character?

Simple. For most part, I will take what I know about you and the game and create a potential character for you. I will then present the character to you: we will discuss it, refine it, and edit it until both of us are satisfied. While I make up your past, it is entirely up to you to decide your characters personalities, feats, etc. In this way you will be sure to have both a character you like and a character that is relevant to the plot. Weapons are hard to come by in the world of Chaos Theory, and so the weapon you carry and how you fight with it will be unique to you. Instead of one situation fits all, you will have to play off your specific strengths and your enemies weaknesses to win. With the character set, we give him a name - remember that while this is a fiction RPG, being named Beowolfe Stormsword makes you sound like a dumbass.

Once all that is decided, register an account to this site in that name. Please capitalize properly. This account will be used to post all your responses to my posts or other players posts. You will receive an activation e-mail from the site - click the link, log in and you are done. I'll get you into the story and posting as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
https://chaostheoryrpg.forumotion.com
Chronos
The Chief
The Chief
Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Chaos Theory   Welcome to Chaos Theory EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Next:

An introduction to Chaos Theory

Chaos Theory takes place in a dystopic, post-apocalyptic future where an inter-dimensional coalition of aliens known as the Universal Union has invaded and occupied the Earth, nearly eradicated its populace. In a war lasting just seven hours, Union fighting machines and genetically engineered soldiers had occupied or destroyed every major city on the planet. Draining oceans, strip mining continents, and killing off native fauna with invasive alien predators, the Union is systematically consuming the Earth for her resources.

Because humanity surrendered, the human species has been allowed to survive, as long as they can prove useful to their new alien masters. A 'suppression field' that prevents certain protein chains vital to embryonic development from forming was set up to ensure that the current generation of humans would be the last, unless the Union decides humans are worth including in their empire. The man who negotiated Earth's surrender, Doctor Wallace Breen, a physicist and former director of the Black Mesa Research Facility, has been appointed 'Administrator of Earth' by the Universal Union as a reward for his cooperation. His government on Earth, simply known as Overwatch, rules as an authoritative police-state that controls the population through force and fear.

The remaining humans have been evicted and relocated to the few cities that survived the war. Civil Protection, a military police organization, offers better living conditions to humans who volunteer to serve the Union as Metrocops in the cities. The Metrocops are brutal in their methods of control and oppression. Overwatch Soldiers are post-humans; they have been extensively genetically modified and undergone brainwashing to be the perfect, unquestioning Union solider. However, not everyone has submitted to the Union. Centered in City 17, the current headquarters of Earth and the home of Administrator Breen's Citadel, the Resistance is starting to take hold.

After twenty years of Union control, revolution is brewing,
Back to top Go down
Chronos
The Chief
The Chief
Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Chaos Theory   Welcome to Chaos Theory EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Where do I begin?

The storyline progresses in a linear style starting in the game thread. When I get time I'll edit the posts to have more content and to flow better; for now they exist in a mostly raw fashion. For your reading convince, I'll post links to the chapters here, simply read down the page.

Prologue:

Chapter One - Anomalous Materials

Chapter Two - Unforseen Consequences

Chapter Three - Out of Time

Episode One:

Chapter Four - Point Insertion

Chapter Five - Apprehension and Evasion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Chaos Theory   Welcome to Chaos Theory Empty