Chaos Theory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In order, there is chaos. In ruin, there is hope.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Chapter Three - Out of Time Chaost14
Chapter Three - Out of Time Filler10
Chapter Three - Out of Time Ambler12
Chapter Three - Out of Time Axelba10
Chapter Three - Out of Time Breenb10
Chapter Three - Out of Time Deupre10
Chapter Three - Out of Time Kylarb10
Chapter Three - Out of Time Wolfeb10
Chapter Three - Out of Time Tyreba12
Chapter Three - Out of Time Masonb10

Chapter Three - Out of Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chronos
The Chief
The Chief
Chronos

Chapter Three - Out of Time Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Three - Out of Time   Chapter Three - Out of Time EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Chapter Three
Out of Time

Kylar touched the sphere, and the room went silent. He could hear his own breath rush out of his lungs. He tried to move, but everything was moving slower, and slower. Around him, the room was blanketed in vivid white light. There was no apparent source, it must be coming from within the black void of the sphere.

Suddenly, steadily, the black orb began to grow in his hand. It encased his hand first, then moved up his arm, grower larger and larger. He could feel nothing. Finally the sphere completely encased him, and Kylar's world went black.

Silence. Then, he heard dull footsteps somewhere in the blackness approaching him. There was the creaking of a door handle twisting, and a column of blinding white light spilled into the dark as the door swung open. Kylar tried to look away from the blinding light but found he couldn't - his body, which he couldn't even see, would not respond. He didn't even blink.

Silhouetted in the doorway was a man. He was tall, and wore a dusty traveling suit - not dirty, but it looked as if he had not taken it off in a long, long time. One hand held a small metal briefcase, which he set down after stepping through the door. The stranger straightened his tie and cleared his throat before speaking. His speech was awkward, as if the syllables were alien to him and hard to pronounce.

"Kylar Ivanenko, in the flesh. I must say we are most impressed with your work - even with the calamity you experienced today. Yet I am impressed. If there was anything to be done, you would have been the one to do it. Unfortunately, that was not my employers intention. They have authorized me to present you with another job offer: one that utilizes your specific skills better, I think. They agree that in the right situation, your potential is limitless. I will see you up ahead."

The man picked up his briefcase, turned, and disappeared through the white opening, which promptly closed behind him. Kylar was left in the dark.

Chapter Four - Point Insertion
Back to top Go down
https://chaostheoryrpg.forumotion.com

Chapter Three - Out of Time
Page 1 of 1