Chaos Theory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In order, there is chaos. In ruin, there is hope.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Revisions and Rewrites Chaost14
Revisions and Rewrites Filler10
Revisions and Rewrites Ambler12
Revisions and Rewrites Axelba10
Revisions and Rewrites Breenb10
Revisions and Rewrites Deupre10
Revisions and Rewrites Kylarb10
Revisions and Rewrites Wolfeb10
Revisions and Rewrites Tyreba12
Revisions and Rewrites Masonb10

Revisions and Rewrites

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chronos
The Chief
The Chief
Chronos

Revisions and Rewrites Empty
PostSubject: Revisions and Rewrites   Revisions and Rewrites EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:17 am

As you know, Chaos Theory has a linear/chronological plot-line. This means that once you post a segment, everything you've written becomes part of the current story, and other players will reference your characters actions, observations, or effects on current/upcoming events.

Expectations on Post Content and General Revisions

I generally like to read people's drafts before they post them to make sure they have a good understanding of what's happening in the world around their character. The minimum requirement I look for in your posts is continuity, not content (unless you go and do something impossible, like hack physics... without my permission). You don't have to send me your final draft if you don't want to, but if you have failed in any of the aforementioned ways your post will be removed until you can fix your errors and get my approval. If you fail to edit your segment in a proper and timely fashion, another player can either step up or be tasked with writing the segment completely fresh as their own character. If you read a post and think it needs a rewrite or you think it should be completely replaced with a new post written by yourself or someone you recommend: Talk to me, and if you can convince me to make any changes, we'll do it. It might sound complicated but these are actually really loose policies, pay attention and you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Violations of spelling/grammar/syntax won't be tolerated, at least not in the game forums. I will ask you to fix it yourself, but if you are incapable of doing it right, ask me or a friend who's at English and have them fix it for you. Not trying to be mean, but not only is it a matter of class to have it right, it means everyone can actually understand you and what could actually be masterful writing will unfortunately be automatically considered crap.

Editing Your Own Material

So you look back at an early post you wrote and notice something wrong with it that you haven't noticed before - bad wording, incorrect data, cheesy dialogue, whatever - and decide you'll fix it up now that you're a more savvy Chaos Theory player. You go to edit your message only to find that you simply can't do it - the site blocks you. Don't worry, there's a reason for that.
I removed your ability to edit messages in the Game Forums so that no one can go back and change 'history' for their own characters benefit - this includes making yourself look better at moments that you failed or were selfish. If you want to make a revision on an earlier post, simply tell me your revision and why you're changing it, and I'll say go ahead and rewrite it. PM your edit to me (preferably with the changes somehow emphasized if they're small changes) and if I approve, I'll put the edit up for you. If I see some flaws, I'll send it back to you. If hopelessly bad or shamelessly a scam, I'll say no.

Anything that is currently be re-written will have a notice attached it to it so you know . Otherwise unless the edit is something everyone needs to be informed of, it'll just seamlessly replace the old one.

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
https://chaostheoryrpg.forumotion.com

Revisions and Rewrites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Theory :: General :: Announcements-
Jump to: