Chaos Theory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In order, there is chaos. In ruin, there is hope.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Chaost14
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Filler10
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Ambler12
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Axelba10
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Breenb10
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Deupre10
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Kylarb10
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Wolfeb10
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Tyreba12
Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Masonb10

Chapter One - Anomalous Materials

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chronos
The Chief
The Chief
Chronos

Chapter One - Anomalous Materials Empty
PostSubject: Chapter One - Anomalous Materials   Chapter One - Anomalous Materials EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:48 am

Prologue
The Black Mesa Incident

Chapter One
Anomalous Materials

It was dark in Black Mesa Anomalous Materials Sublab C, but the florescent lighting seemed to shine with extra intensity in the whitewashed room, illuminating the white walls, the white ceilings and floors, and the two scientists in their white lab coats. Doctor Isaac Kleiner and Doctor Sebastian Wolfe were here very early today. Today was important.

“Systems of order will always descend into chaos, and a system in chaos always becomes ordered. It’s the simple underlying truth of all of quantum theory. A truth you seem to want to ignore.”

Kleiner had his back to Sebastian as he scribbled formulas out across the whiteboard. He was in his forties, and sported half a head of wispy hair with a large bald spot. Adjusting his glasses, he looked back to Sebastian.

“Doctor Wolfe?” He asked, as if his last statement required a response.

“There is no tangible mathematical proof in quantum physics that states that, it’s purely speculation about unanswered theorems. I believe this order and chaos business will eventually fade like all the other questions of science, into solid facts.”

Doctor Kleiner seemed to enjoy his answer.
“Ah, you’re one of the hopeful ones. True, there is no proof, but that’s the beauty of it. How could you define the exact process of nothing becoming something? Intangible, maybe, but possible, yes.”

“It just doesn’t satisfy me.” Sebastian retorted.

“Why should physics have to satisfy you? Why should any of this make any sense to a human at all? I think today’s test will open your eyes.” Before he finished, a third physicist opened the door to the Sublab and entered.

“Morning Isaac, morning Sebastian. What test?” The physicist asked.

“Morning Kylar.” Sebastian said.

“Ah, Doctor Ivanenko, yes, good to see you.” Isaac responded, looking over the rims of his glasses. “Today we have obtained a sample of a material with the strangest properties. We were told to set about testing it as soon as you arrived.” He explained.

“Is it time critical? Does the sample seem to be decaying?” Kylar asked.

“Well, no.” Isaac said, wringing his hands. “But the Director said it was urgent.”

“Well what’s the source? Did the boys at the Ion Fabrication Lab synthesize it?”

“I really don’t know Kylar. Director Breen said the sample was ‘submitted’, whatever that means. He seems to think its best we do the tests sooner than later though, and I agree. Frankly, I want this sample off my hands.”

Kylar frowned. Even for a facility as secretive as Black Mesa, this was unusual procedure. They had too little information.

Sebastian spoke next.

“We’re taking it to Test Chamber Six, first experiment will be with the Mass Wave Oscillator. Get suited up and we’ll meet you there.”

Chapter Two - Unforeseen Consquences
Back to top Go down
https://chaostheoryrpg.forumotion.com

Chapter One - Anomalous Materials
Page 1 of 1